New York, NY, 2017 -- Cameron Sterling is an image and content professional with deep experience in visual narratives, image markets, curation, and production. He works in New York and Connecticut and is open to new opportunities.
He served as one of the founding image curators for Adobe's 2016 launch into the premium royalty-free image content marketplace, tasked with aligning contributor images with the Adobe Premium brand and the global marketplace for buyers’ needs.
In addition to this role, since 2004 he has achieved the advertising, editorial, and art goals of photographer Hiro for clients including Elsa Peretti / Tiffany & Co., Harper's Bazaar, and MFA Boston. Other perspective-shaping professional experiences include work with The Richard Avedon Foundation, Richard Avedon, Antoine Verglas, and Sandbox Studio.
These experiences enabled him to hone his visual communication skills, operations and collaboration abilities, and knowledge of aligning images with an intended market or audience.
Cameron grew up in Connecticut and graduated from Kenyon College with a history B.A. From there he worked in Boulder, CO as an editor of the new affiliate website of Ski and Skiing magazines. 30-months of mountain sports media later Cameron left to study commercial photography at Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, CA.
The links below and the "Client Work" on this site shows examples of client collaborations.
- Adobe Stock, Premium, 2016 -
- Adobe Stock, Premium, Milestones Gallery, 2017
- Hiro, MFA Boston, Exhibition, December 12, 2015 - August 14, 2016
- Hiro, Pace/MacGill Gallery, New York, February 25 - April 16, 2016
- Hiro, Hamiltons Gallery, London, January 22 - March 11, 2016
- Avedon - Warhol, book for exhibition, 2015
- Dior by Avedon, book, 2015
- Richard Avedon App for iPad, 2014